Ema is one of my fave places in Chicago right now and they are so gluten-free friendly — they even have a separate gluten-free menu. It’s a Mediterranean, California-inspired restaurant that is so v chic. And they’re Lettuce Entertain You, which you know I love. I’ve made two visits here, once with my vegan mother, and it was so easy for both of us to eat here! I was just so excited about everything that I took a photo, no, actually VIDEO, of the menu so I present that to you there.
The cocktails are fab. But let’s get to the food. First, their spreads. They have a huge selection of spreads that are GF and served with GF crackers (YAAAS). The crackers were delicious. I’ve tried the Avocado & Sweet Pea and the Roasted Almond & Garlic, both amaze.
Here’s a rundown of the dishes I’ve tried:
- House-made Stracciatella – I rarely meet a stracciatella I don’t like, but Ema’s with the vine-ripened tomatoes, was especially flavorful.
- Brussels Sprouts – Crispy with a hint of sweetness.
- Green Falafel – GOD I LOVE FALAFEL and this did not disappoint. Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Black Lime Shrimp – Shrimp is sometimes just shrimp. These were good, but not the most amazing thing I’ve ever had.
- Charred Broccoli – You know when you get something and you don’t think you’ll love it, but you do? That was this.
- Scallops – They were nearly perfect. Get this.
- Chicken Kefta – Super simple and super good. Lemon, olive oil, tzatziki.
Net net, I’m a fan. Get after it, fine people!